To feel rooted, stable, safe, solid, well planted it is necessary to be present. Rooting is our capacity to relax with the confidence that we are being sustained by the Earth, that we have right under our feet.
The fast-paced lifestyle takes us away our right to Be ( the basic right of the first chakra), our mind is forced to be in the future, planning, imagining, or interacting with a virtual reality that is not in the present.
This separates the foot of the earth (energetically speaking) and can be seen in a number of aspects that are very common in the life of today:
- Constipation, or diarrhea.
- Problems with maternity, the feminine energy, (“Mother Earth”).
- Depression, lack of self-esteem, inability to feel, distractibility, chronic.
- Emotional instability, or material. Loss repetitive.
- Problems in the legs and feet, lack of mobility.
- Conflicts of territory. Inability to “take my place”. To be “with one foot here and another there.” Be as “invisible”, letting others decide for one.
- Diseases of the colon.
- Trauma and life and death situations, real or perceived (“panic attacks”).
- Attention deficit, inability to be in the present moment.
- Lack of harmony between the mind and the body.
While there seems to be a great disparity of origins to these problems, with a simple practical experience of rooting, we will be able to see how the common factor between them is, in effect, our ability to connect with the Earth.
Facebook: Diego Sanchez Shiatsu