Samantha Clayton, director of Physical Education the World of Herbalife, gives us some relaxation techniques that will help you to find a balance between being in shape and be calm, and that you can perform from the comfort of your home.
“With only 20 minutes of meditation, once or twice a day, we’ll achieve great results on the stress management. Like yoga, meditation is a practice and needs constancy to feel its soothing effects”, explains Clayton.
DO ANXIOUS, I?
Mistakenly many people resort to consumption of foods high in sugars, fat and salt to feel good in moments of anxiety. About it, Clayton explains that junk food stimulates the pleasure center in the brain, especially during times of stress.
However, with the continual meditation you will get better and more control of situations a lot of pressure,” explains the director.
Here we leave the 8 recommendations of meditation of Samantha Clayton, to perform from your home.
1. DO NOT THINK THAT YOU NEED A COMPLETELY SILENT AND ISOLATED TO PRACTICE. In the real world, and especially in a home with children or in the office, to find complete silence is almost an impossible task.
2. TRY TO REMOVE ALL DISTRACTIONS IMPORTANT. As phones, screens and noisy spaces. Simply turn your office chair away from the screen. If you’re at home, close the door of your room.
3. YOU DON’T NEED ANY SPECIAL EQUIPMENT. Because you can meditate in any place. The less things you need, the easier it will be to take a quick moment to practice.
4. YOU TRY TO SIT OR LIE DOWN IN A COMFORTABLE PLACE. Where you are relaxed. You can keep your eyes open or close them, just do what you feel good.
5. DON’T FORCE YOURSELF TO START BREATHING WITH A SPECIFIC STYLE. As breathing from the belly or nose. You can work on the breathing technique once you start to feel more comfortable with the meditation.
6. CONCENTRATE ON YOUR BREATHING. Just be aware of your breathing and how you feel.
7. DO NOT START TO HAVE NEGATIVE THOUGHTS. In those moments when your to-do list begins to slip away in your mind. Redirect your focus back to your breathing.
8. KEEP ONE OR TWO KEY WORDS. Those that help you to relax or guide you to a positive sense of well-being. You don’t have a long list of affirmations or goals that you think or say in a loud voice.