The benefits of meditation are widely known, and it is a practice that can change your life. There are numerous studies that claim that meditation not only decreases the levels of stress, but also brings tangible benefits to the health and decrease the pain, improve the immune system or reduce inflammation.
This ancient practice has each time more followers. Not only companies such as Google offer this experience of well-being of their employees, also famous as the presenter of Oprah, the actor Richard Gere or the athlete Pau Gasol have been added to the current.
What you can do the meditation for you?
- Meditation improves the health of your heart, as it reduces the stress, the blood pressure (preventing hypertension), and decreases anxiety. The studies published during the last decade by the Spanish Heart Foundation (FEC), as well as guarantee: meditation improves the health of our heart and can reduce by 48% the risk of mortality, to suffer a heart attack or a stroke in patients with coronary heart disease.
- Improves your concentration and attention and in addition develop your emotional intelligence enhancing attitudes such as empathy, compassion, and the compression that will be very useful in our day-to-day.
- Helps you connect with yourself. It is a moment of intimacy with yourself, introspection, in which the most important is to listen and keep out the noise.
- Causes positive changes in our grey matter. According to a recent study published by the University of Harvard, meditate, change, literally, our brain, improving neurological conditions and slow down the aging of certain areas.
- It is a source of beauty. Meditating helps to take care of our health and beauty from within, increasing the levels of the call enzyme of eternal youth (telomerase) that slows down cell ageing. A study published in the journal Psychoneuroendocrinology, and endorse.
There are many meditations that can be done. For a start you can go best is to meditate in the mindfulness, on your breath.
What to do to meditate
Looking for a quiet place, turn off your mobile, sit or stand in a comfortable position, close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing, trying not to think of anything else.
The goal is that the world around you disappear while you relax and focus on yourself. The key to your success is in the constancy.
This article was written in collaboration with Marta Puig, founder of World Pranic, the space of training and therapy, energy healing and integrated medicine.