Lima, Peru.- Samantha Clayton, director of Physical Education World Herbalife, we provides some of the relaxation techniques that will help you to find a balance between being in shape and being quiet. “With only 20 minutes of meditation, once or twice a day, we’ll achieve great results on the stress management. Like yoga, meditation is a practice and needs constancy to feel its calming effects.”, explains Clayton.
Mistakenly many people resort to consumption of foods high in sugars, fat and salt to feel good in moments of anxiety. About it, Clayton explains that junk food stimulates the pleasure center in the brain, especially during times of stress. “The factor of well-being that we get to consume these sweets and fatty foods is of short duration, not to mention that can lead to poor health in general and weight gain. With the continual meditation you will get better and more control of situations a lot of pressure,” explains the director.
8 tips of meditation according to Samantha Clayton:
1. Do not think that you need a completely silent and isolated to practice. In the real world, and especially in a home with children or in the office, to find complete silence is almost an impossible task.
2. Try to remove all distractions important as phones, screens and noisy spaces. Simply turn your office chair away from the screen. If you’re at home, close the door of your room.
3. You don’t need any special equipment (such as a yoga mat or blankets) because they can meditate in any place. The less things you need, the easier it will be to take a quick moment to practice.
4. You try to sit or lie down in a comfortable place where you feel relaxed. You can keep your eyes open or close them, just do what you feel good.
5. Don’t force yourself to start breathing with a specific style, such as breathing from the belly or nose. You can work on the breathing technique once you start to feel more comfortable with the meditation.
6. Concentrate on your breathing. Just be aware of your breathing and how you feel.
7. Do not start to have negative thoughts when your to-do list begins to slip away in your mind. Redirect your focus back to your breathing.
8. Keep one or two key words that help you to relax or guide you to a positive sense of well-being. You don’t have a long list of affirmations or goals that you think or say in a loud voice.